Background & Experience
PEP‘s Process Improvement experience includes:
- assisting in the development of the SEI Capability Maturity Model (versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, and CMMI® versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3);
- assisting in the development and testing of the People CMM;
- evaluating the effectiveness of the SEI’s CMM® Appraisal Framework (CAF) ;
- evaluating and implementing the SEI Fomal Appraisal methodologies (SPA, CBA-IPI & SCAMPI);
- participating in the initial phases of the CMMI (CMM® Integration program);
- tailoring the CMM® and numerous assessment methodologies for small organizations (including, ISPR, IMPACT, and QUICKSTART);
- helping to define the Philips Assessment Method (PAM);
- developing the PEP Continuous Appraisal Method (P-CAM® ); and
- authorizing more than 30 SEI-licensed Assessors.
PEP consultants are committed to assisting organizations improve their software processes. Each PEP partner is a professional software manager and developer with many years of experience in building software systems.
The discipline of software process improvement is new. It is also a discipline for which there are few reliable pre-defined solutions. Recognizing that, PEP works collaboratively with many of today’s leading technology organizations to discover and tailor effective software process improvement programs.
PEP mentored improvement programs have proven that successful and meaningful software process improvement is predicated upon the effective integration of people, process, and technology.
PEP has led or participated in well over 600 software process assessments/ appraisals. Our extensive assessment/ appraisal experiences spans over 20+ years and includes:
- SEI SPAs/CBA-IPIs/ SCAMPIs
- P-CAM®; PEP’s Continuous Appraisal Method
- Digital Equipment’s Quickstart Assessments
- PEP’s IMPACT assessments
- PEP’s Informal Software Process Reviews (ISPR)