SEI Licensed Official Course
Please note that PEP does not offer this course in a public setting. We limit this course to client site offerings.
The Capability Maturity Model® Integration ( CMMI®) project has produced a model that contains the essential elements of effective processes, which permit multiple disciplines to be supported together in a context of both process improvement and assessment. The CMMI is designed specifically for organizations interested in improving processes in Engineering disciplines. The current model representations include both Staged and Continuous representations.
Your organization can use either or both CMMI model representations to set process improvement objectives and priorities; to improve processes; and to provide guidance for ensuring stable, capable, and mature processes. In this way, CMMI can serve as a guide for organizational improvement.
The Introduction to the CMMI® is an intensive three day course that acquaints participants with the CMMI model, with specific emphasis on either the Staged or Continuous representations as chosen by the client. (There are different versions of the course for each representation.) Each course was developed specifically by the SEI as a prerequisite for serving as a team member on a Standard CMMI Assessment Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPIsm) appraisal team.
This course provides an introductory understanding of the architecture of the selected representation, as well as the scope and intent of the specific process areas within the model. The course consists of lectures, discussions, and class exercises designed to prepare participants to understand the content of the selected model and apply that content in a process improvement or appraisal environment.
- Introduction, Logistics, and Overview
- Fundamentals of Process Improvement
- Overview of the CMMI-DEV
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Receive the official SEI certificate of attendance
- Have a deeper understanding of the terminology, structure, and contents of the CMMI model chosen as the focus of the course
- Be able to use the chosen CMMI model as a member of an process improvement team
- Be able to use the chosen CMMI model as a member of a SCAMPI assessment team
- Be able to attend the Intermediate Concepts of the CMMI Models course, which is a pre-requisite for attending both SCAMPI Lead Assessor training and Introduction to the CMMI Instructor training
CMMI® is a servicemark of Carnegie Mellon University- Software Engineering Institute.