PEP is licensed by the Software Engineering Institute to deliver the Introduction to CMMI for Services v1.3 course. Please note that PEP does not offer this course in a public setting. We limit this course to client site offerings.
This three-day course is the definitive introductory course about the CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model. The course provides the knowledge you need to take your first steps with CMMI-SVC and is a prerequisite for any certification or subsequent course that calls for an Introduction to CMMI requirement.
CMMI-SVC is a comprehensive set of guidelines that helps organizations to establish and improve processes for delivering service. By adapting and extending proven standards and best practices to reflect the unique challenges faced in service industries, CMMI-SVC offers service providers a practical framework for achieving higher levels of service quality, controlling costs, improving schedule performance, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The course is composed of exercises, discussion, and presentations with ample opportunity for participation. After attending the course, you will understand the concepts and issues related to CMMI-SVC.
Who should attend?
- Service providers and customers
- Process improvement practitioners and champions
- Appraisal team members
- Instructors and lead appraisers
- Professionals interested in service management concepts
What will you learn?
This course will help participants to:
- determine whether CMMI-SVC applies to your business context
- learn effective practices for defining, establishing, and managing service.
- sustain your improvement
- prepare for next steps, such as an appraisal or certification