Over the years ‘interested parties’ have asked me the following questions:
- Why do we need detailed project plans?
- Why do we need detailed cost break-downs?
- A basis of estimate? What’s that? Do I really need one?
- How do I get my customers to pay for those Project Management costs?
Rather than offering a lot of consultant type wisdom, I thought you might find some recent news articles a bit more informative and instructive as ‘case studies’.
- New York City’s $720 Million CityTime Project a Vehicle for Unprecedented Fraud Says US Prosecutor
- IT fraud at water affairs department
- Senate panel supports requiring Lockheed to absorb cost overruns
- Worsley overruns adds to embarrassing list of fumbles
- County Bigwigs Rant About Multimillion-Dollar Cost Overruns