As of 20 March 2009, both Judah Mogilensky and Mark Rabideau have been certified by the SEI (Software Engineering Institute) as High Maturity SCAMPI Lead Appraisers (HMLA) for CMMI for Development. This role now appears under Process Enhancement Partners listing on the SEI Partner Directory. To quote the SEI:
SEI-Certified SCAMPI High Maturity Lead Appraisers (SCAMPI HM LAs) lead trained teams of professionals in the appraisal[…] determine an organization’s process capability and/or maturity level.
Before […] become[ing] a SCAMPI HM LA, you must
- Be a current SEI-Authorized SCAMPI Lead Appraiser in good standing
- Present evidence of having led at least two CMMI SCAMPI A Appraisals. (Note: CMM appraisal experience will not be accepted to this requirement.)
- Present successful completion of at least one course relevant to CMMI high maturity concepts and practices, (e.g., High Maturity with Statistics, Statistical Measurement, and Statistical Process Control). Qualifying courses must have been completed within the last five years.
- Show experience working in a high maturity process improvement environment in one of the following three areas:
- Building/implementing HM practices or participation on at least one CMMI SCAMPI A Capability Level/Maturity Level 4 and/or 5 Appraisal as a team member or mini-team member
- Developing/facilitating HM training
- Statistical/quantitative management or modeling & simulation experience in support of managing/building products.